“Servicing All Families in the DMV”
R.N. Horton’s Funeral Home
Search #HortonsFH on social media.
R. N. Horton's Funeral Home
R.N. Horton’s Funeral Home is a family owned and operated facility which was founded by R.N. Horton, Sr. and his lovely wife Julia Horton in 1936.
The family has offered family care and services for over 70 years.
The R.N. Horton’s Funeral Home has been in the Washington area, having its first location at 1234 Fourth Street, N.W. Due to a greater need for expansion, the Company moved to 1322-24 U Street, N.W. After remaining there for thirty-one years, the continuing desire to provide better service caused the mortuary to be moved to a new location at 600 Kennedy St., N.W. on May 23, 1971.
This establishment is a spacious three story, twenty-two room building. We offer several rooms for family viewing, namely a Gold Room, Orchid Room, and a Blue Room. There is also a private family room, a large dining facility, a ladies lounge, a minister’s room and parking facilities for our guest. In addition to the Mortuary is a beautiful air conditioned chapel with a lighted recessed cross in the ceiling with a seating capacity of 300 people.
It is our policy to provide our families the best service possible.